thank you, visual economics, for putting this all into perspective …
for example, as part of the total cost spent on the oil spill (as of june 2010 … yes, slightly out dated), BP could have bought:
among other things. Remember, this isn’t a Choose A or Choose B type scenario, BP could have bought ALL of the things listed, arriving at a grand total spill budget of
fox news is always ridiculous news
MOSCOW — A wounded fox shot its would be killer in Belarus by pulling the trigger on the hunter’s gun as the pair scuffled after the man tried to finish the animal off with the butt of the rifle, media said on Thursday.
The unnamed hunter, who had approached the fox after wounding it from a distance, was in hospital with a leg wound, while the fox made its escape, media said, citing prosecutors from the Grodno region.
“The animal fiercely resisted and in the struggle accidentally pulled the trigger with its paw,” one prosecutor was quoted as saying.
Fox-hunting is popular in the picturesque farming region of northwestern Belarus which borders Poland.
Study says the more you watch the less you know. Or, the more you think you know, but don’t, because it’s wrong.
In other words, here is a list of what Fox News viewers believe that just ain’t so:
- 91 percent believe the stimulus legislation lost jobs
- 72 percent believe the health reform law will increase the deficit
- 72 percent believe the economy is getting worse
- 60 percent believe climate change is not occurring
- 49 percent believe income taxes have gone up
- 63 percent believe the stimulus legislation did not include any tax cuts
- 56 percent believe Obama initiated the GM/Chrysler bailout
- 38 percent believe that most Republicans opposed TARP
- 63 percent believe Obama was not born in the U.S. (or that it is unclear)
no, really, why is it? why does the city mandate something that promotes dangerous and completely illegal activity? or at least make it so easy and tempting.
next we should put brightly coloured cigarette vending machines next to the gumball machines at schools and locate the gun aisle next to the toy aisle at all the big box stores. we can blame kids’ bad habits on video games then.